Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dancing With God ~ Essence

I have chosen and I'm almost sure why
to shout my life story from the mountain top
I saw it in a vision here I stood alone
atop a high precipice with fear gripping my soul
I heard a voice that seemed to be distant beckon me to fly
I said, "Oh, don't be silly, you know I have no wings to stay on high
It said, "Come, be one with me, and soon you will see
you'll soar like a bird eternally

As I stepped forward my eyes cast down
I saw a deep dark abysmal hell that seemed to rise from the ground
all around me was darkness and low hanging clouds
fear was the only ally I found
a true and constant companion the best friend I've known
for years it's kept me safe in my sheltered home
what am I doing here my constant feeble cry
please help me change this misery for I have no wings to fly

The voice said, "Put on these gliders courage for the next step
to take you a higher level to a deeper consciousness
as I stepped forward and to my surprise
I ascended from the precipice and I began to fly
soaring higher and higher like a bird in the sky
I cast my eyes downward to observe the abysmal hell
I began to descend the voice took me in,
"Look up, not down,
your focus always determines the height of your soar
I cried, "I'm afraid and soon found myself again
upon that high precipice and feeling scared within

what am I doing here my constant feeble cry
please help me change this misery for I have no wings to fly

This is the first stanza of a three stanza epic poem that emanates from a dream. (The other two will be published soon.) The dream occurred over a period of about 2-3 years, approximately 1993-95. Normally, I don't remember my dreams, however, the fear I felt was so invasive it awakened me. It seemed so real. With each episode the plot would develop and take on new depth. It was not until much later about 1995-96 that I realized this was a reoccurring experience; and even later than that I began to realize the magnitude of the dream as a current reality. It was my life story. Retrospectively, the dream, from my best recollection, was rooted in my perimenopausal experience; analogous to the physical signs of puberty such as budding breast and pubic hair, menopause presented an authentic metamorphosis like a metaphor as I dreamed memorable dreams and birth poetry. I knew one day I would put the dream into metrical structure or verse or free form.

From this post, what surfaces for you through thought, intuition, sensing, feeling or other. We are open to your sharing for the evolution of our budding authentic nature.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome. As I look over my life, I too have been gripped by fear, reluctant to step forward and fly even though I knew and know that I will be safe and satisfied.

It is amazing how fast time moves ahead, with or without us. All too soon we are returned to our starting point to begin again but without memory of this life. So what do we chose??? To live life fully as we feel it or to bend to the will and desires of others, plagued by opinions.

11:25 AM  
Blogger "Adanna" Gloria said...

Yes, Henrietta the Healer, it is either trust that we will fly or be returned to the misery of our minds, the customary, the predictable. What drama to repeat as if waiting on the stage of life knowing what we will do when whoever shows up. LOL!!! And then feeling or turning into sad, scared or anger when they don't conform to our expectations. I am creating a new script. This play has run too long!LOL!!!!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home